Friday, October 22, 2010

I admit it, I'm a Xbox 360 fanboy

I guess it happened gradually over time. I really did try to be objective. In the past I've always enjoyed multiple gaming consoles, then again in the past I was able to actually have fun with the games themselves.
I recently bought the new Xbox 360 slim and I fell in love with it instantly, it's so small, quiet and efficient. I also paid for Kinect in full, which comes out November 4th, 2010. It was something I got more for myself then for clan gaming applications. Also I pre ordered Call Of Duty Black Ops. Now while that is a multi-platform game, I have started to consider those as 360 games. My reasoning is they are meant to run on the superior Xbox Live, more people buy multi-platform games on 360. I mean by a rather large margin, now there are a few exceptions, but games with online components always sell better on 360.
I also recently found myself buying up every and any 360 exclusive title, I didn't realize the sheer amount of quality games, Rare has mad some very enjoyable games for the Xbox 360 over the last few years. I also just bought all of the Halo games, so now I own Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo ODST, Halo Wars and recently at launch Halo Reach. I admit it, I'm a Halo fanboy as well. I enjoy the customization, community and game modes.
I was informed of an interesting fact the other day, Doom 1 on XBox Live arcade has more online users then the Playstation 3 title Killzone 2. A game from the 1990's has more players then the most hyped game of last year. That in itself is the problem I've found myself having with Sony and the PS3. There exclusive titles and even the Multi-platform games don't have a lasting community. I like competition, not running into the same people over and over again. It's like there are more people on Halo Reach at a time then all of PSN.
Rather then turning this into flame bait, I'll just say it's a lot of little things that made me such a fanboy of Microsoft and their console. Rather then hate because they are a quality company like so many seem to do. I realize the quality of the products they offer and they tend to cater more towards the American market, which makes me like them all the more. I used to use my PS3 to stream movies or play Blu Ray, but since I got my new slim I totally unhooked my PS3, using the HDMI cable on the slim and stream movies, Netflix right to my new 360. It has so many applications I cant help but use it everyday.
One of the biggest and best features I loved about XBox Live was the voice chat and Party chat, well with the new Dashboard update they improved the voice codecs and system even more! I am in the beta for it and the new voice chat sounds better then phone quality, better then Skype, it's simply amazing.
To me XBox Live is worth every red cent they get, people aren't stupid they know value and quality when they see it. PSN stopped being fun for me a long time ago, I guess I slowly started leaning more and more towards the 360, even though I tried not to be biased. I don't think I'm one of the crazy, hardcore fanboys, I just prefer the 360, the games on it, the communities, the competition and the little extra's.
To each their own, but in a way this is me coming clean finally about my love for the Microsoft brand.
Good day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment