Sunday, December 5, 2010

Just finished up Mass Effect 2

So admittedly I loved the first Mass Effect game on the XBox 360, I really, really wanted to play the sequel that came out earlier this year, however at the time there were lot's of other games, mostly online multiplayer games that were about to come out that I thought would be more worth the $60 since they would have the online aspects.
Well I finally picked the game up a few weeks ago and was casually playing through it, then this last week I really got into the story and the fact that my previous game was imported into this one made it all the better, all my choices were saved, all my decisions had relevance and everything I said or did had a "Mass Effect" on this story as it were.

To be honest I enjoyed this game more then any other game I've ever played, the epic proportions to story telling and the characters and character development were tremendous!
There is about fifty hours of gameplay, without Down Load content and there might be a little bit more then that if you want to do all the little side missions and quests.

I truly love what Bioware has been able to do and this is more of the same, but taken to a whole new level. I enjoyed the interaction with the people, crew and even the quests were well done and actually fun. I am a person who hates level grinding, which is why I prefer the Western style RPG's.

I wont give away any of the story but it picks up where the first Mass Effect left off, the story itself is much better then 95% of the stuff coming out of Hollywood right now.

The boss battle was epic and there were surprises even after that. I already want to go and do the whole game again, not only to get the gamerscore for beating the game again, but I also want to get the other ending. I beat the game, but sadly three of my crew died. I'd like to try to get all of them through the battle the next time.

Anyway, Mass Effect 2 is my Game Of The Year without a doubt, the most complete game I've ever played.

Check it out if you haven't yet. You can get it new for like $17.99 right now.
A++ all the way. Take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment