Saturday, April 23, 2011

So much easier on Battlefront

I must admit that things were so much easier when we started out on Star Wars Battlefront 2, I think it was mainly because there weren't a ton of other games that people were playing, everyone stayed focused on Battlefront and we excelled.

Also, back then I had so much more time to dedicate to gaming and the clan as a whole. Now it seems like everyone wants one thing or another and it leaves me very little time to do anything else. It's like I work and game and am not allowed any time for anything else, it can get very frustrating.

I am a clan leader true enough, but I am not the "Daddy" of the clan, where everything has to be cleared with me, I've done everything I can from promoting new leaders, making a secondary team on GameBattles, making everyone Captains on that team so they can get a match without me being around. I was so busy last week that I was literally falling asleep on the headset, but I still managed to make practice and tried very hard to be seen on the site and online whenever possible.

Why was it that on Battlefront a good majority of our members were younger then they are now, but they seemed to grasp what needed to be done a lot better? It's almost like I have to hold most people's hand to get anything done.

It definitely should not take me getting online for people to party up, yesterday was a prime example. I get online and see around seven or eight members on XBox Live, many on the same game and yet they weren't in a party together. Everyone was just running Solo.

We have leaders for a reason and I am getting very worn out trying to fit everything into what little free time I do have, it's making the clan more of a hassle then anything, I used to have fun with it, now it's almost like a chore and I very much want it to go back to being fun.

I think part of the problem could be there are an overabundance of solid games out and people's tastes in genre's and games themselves are varied. I know in particular the PS3 team tends to shut down for all purposes when they flock to a game that isn't Call Of Duty, to the point that it's like having no team at all.

I know for a fact I am busier then anyone else in the clan, but I still find time, I guess it's dedication or stupidity honestly. I don't want to see the clan die out, but at the same time I need to be able to do things in my real life.

I hate to sound like a broken record but if the people I appointed would actually be active and step up there would be no issue, when I was in Merc we had many leaders, myself included and we all had the same authority and respect, it didn't matter which one you come to, you would go to whichever leader was on. I'd love to see people who have a problem or issue go to someone who isn't me for a change.....


...So much easier on Battlefront, everyone so eager, we were pretty solid, knew what we wanted and went out and took it, now we seem a bit more confused then anything......

No comments:

Post a Comment