Thursday, July 7, 2011

Clan Update

Back when we pushed for playoffs in 2009 for Call Of Duty 4, everyone was pretty worn out and tired of the game. Pretty much the same thing has happened with Black Ops right now. After the late season push people are pretty tired of the game. I was tired of the game before the season started. The only thing that pushed me to continue with it was the fact that we wanted to get more wins then team US. So in the end we accomplished that much of it, but at what cost?

In all honesty I am so used to the whole drama thing it doesn't even thrill me like it once did. Maybe I'm just getting old? I don't really know. I do know that Shotty and I were browsing our original forums the other day and we both commented on how young we all seemed and how immature we all were. Seems like a lifetime ago, not just four years....

So pretty much a clan wide vote decided were all taking a break from Black Ops. That is strictly on the 360 side anyway. Kind of like how a band would take a break after completing an album. You don't want to be around music for a bit, well we don't want to be around Black Ops for a bit. I plan on still helping with the PS3 side, if we can ever really get that going. It seems PS3 players tend to be really fickle with loyalty and activity.

Lately I've been wishing a bit for a new competitive game. Gears 3 isn't too far off which is good news, but Gamebattles really seems to have lost the path when it comes to their rules. So I'm not really sure that's an option for us anymore. They only allow 1 leader, no co-leaders, only 1 Captain and only the leader can report matches. Also to prevent roster riding, whenever you do a challenge or match finder you have to list the players beforehand who are going to be in the match. Now for a team that does map gen like us, we sometimes wont know who were going to play until we see the maps and game types. So it makes it very difficult to get matches, it seems GB caters to the top 25, which are only four or five people per team to begin with. It's a death sentence to teams maxed out like mine.

If GB wanted to stop roster riding, why not have the leader report who was in the match after the match is over, then give the XP to the people who played? It makes much more sense to do things that way. I actually would prefer to give XP to the guys who actually played in the match anyway, but I'll be dammed if I will lose a match for playing a guy that is actually on my roster. It just makes no sense. I mean sometimes things come up and people cant always make a match. It's that simple. Why shouldn't people be able to play that are on the roster? I really wish someone with some real funding would make a alternative to GB. They've become real stingy with their rules and things like that simply because they know there is no alternative. It's pretty much like Madden football, there is no competition, so they aren't forced to improve or be user friendly.

Anyway enough of that rant, I want to once again thank everyone for the amazing Spring season on GB. 39-0 is a solid record and nobody can ever take that from us. We reached out goal of top 75 and I'm content with that. Even though I feel Treyarch made COD games are better supported and much more balanced and fair for the players, I tend to play their games less then the IW made ones. So I am definitely hoping for MW3 to peak my interest. It's looking good so far. I think a good mix between Gears 3 and MW3 will do the clan good. We've always done better when we have an alternate game to play that breaks up the monotony.

Well that's about it for this update, thanks for reading and we'll see you back here next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment