Thursday, May 26, 2011

E3 2011


E3 is the biggest and most important event if you are a gamer or gaming fan. It's when we see new games, new consoles, new technology and new ideas. This is my first time covering it for a couple of different sites, at least the Microsoft aspect of E3 2011.

I think we all have some games we would like to see, each E3 brings us a chance to hope and dream of what we want most from the gaming industry. Sometimes we guess or hope right and sometimes not. Since I already expressed in two separate articles what I expect from Microsoft, I figure I can point out some other things I would like to see.




We all know Nintendo will unveil their new console that is currently code named "Project Cafe". I am sure we will get the official name and see some games played on it, I am more interested in the actual specs of the console, rumors suggest it uses Blu Ray or a completely new disk format. It's also said to lack a hard disk drive altogether and instead only offer 8 gigs of flash memory.

We wont know any of these things until E3 of course, which is what makes it so exciting in the first place. I personally feel that Nintendo is making a mistake releasing a console this early, I think in a couple of years when Microsoft and Sony release new consoles it will make Nintendo's Project Cafe as obsolete as the Wii is now.

I am interested to see how they integrate the touchscreen controllers in this new console and I am fairly interested to see the games and what it can do overall. If Nintendo is smart they will release the new console with a Mario, Zelda and Metroid game. Nintendo also needs to drastically review their online gaming strategy. I know they fear for the safety of kids, but that is a risk all the companies take, and if Nintendo truly wants to compete I believe they need a paid online service like Xbox Live.

So we all know we will see things like Gears Of War 3 and possibly the rumored Gears Of War Exile on Kinect. We also know it's all but been announced that we will see a Halo CE remake by Saber Interactive. I also highly suspect we might see something on Halo 4 which will be released next year. Some kind of play along the lines of "Where it all started and where it ends" or something along those lines.

I like to make some out of the box guesses and this is a solid list of some of those.
1.Star Wars Battlefront 3
2.Killer Instinct 3
3.Lost Odyssey 2
4.Grand Theft Auto 5
5.Jade Empire 2
6.God Of War 4
7.Kinect Sports 2
8.Dance Central 2
9.New Mario game for Project Cafe
10.New Smash Bro's game for Cafe
11.New Pikmen game for Cafe
12.Metal Gear Solid 5
13.Too Human 2
14.Fable 4
15.New Kingdom Hearts



I know now days people don't like to look foolish by guessing but I figure it cant really hurt much in the end.

Games are for entertainment and for fun, it's anticipation that makes E3 so much fun in the first place.

What are you excited to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment